Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Convergence Zone

I have so had it with this weather.  Last Saturday the weather was fabulous - reminiscent of my time in California.  Nearly 80 degrees, sunny, no clouds in the sky, etc. etc. The hubby and I got some yard work done and just hung out in the sun.  This weekend was quite different.  Friday night I went out to one of my fave restaurants, The Jones, with a good friend.  While we were there it started snowing...in mid-April.  It wasn't sticking, so I wasn't worried.  Well, about an hour into dinner, it started to stick.  I was definitely getting worried.  We finished up, paid our bill, and I drove my friend home - with the snow really coming down.  I got home and there was already about half an inch on the ground, with more on the way.  When I woke up yesterday morning there were about 3 or 4 inches on the ground.  I honestly could not believe that it was almost May and I had to deal with snow.  What surprised me was the my parents, who live out in the Cascade Foothills, did not have snow.  This is really the first time we've felt the effects of the infamous Puget Sound Convergence Zone - gotta love that.  At least all the snow melted by today, but I swear if it snows again, I am going to go ballistic.  Summer, where are you?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Snow?! In April?! That is so not okay.