Saturday, April 26, 2008

What a tweener

It's fairly rare that I buy CDs - I mainly listen to the radio or buy singles for my iPod.  However I got a giftcard to Target for my birthday last month and decided to get not one, but two new CDs that came out fairly recently.  The first was the Mariah Carey CD, which a friend told me was really good.  The second was the new Danity Kane CD - their second album.  I didn't purchase their first, but after watching the most recent Making The Band season on MTV I really wanted to get their album.  

I had a brow appointment this morning with the best esthetician ever - Christina at the InSpa in Woodinville - and decided to stop by the Target just nearby afterward.  It's a decent size Target, though not the biggest by any means.  I found the Mariah Carey CD with no problems, but couldn't find the Danity Kane CD.  I ended up having to ask a sales associate (a guy probably a little younger than me - not by much) if they had that CD, to which he replied "who?"  I then repeated myself and he was like "Danity Kane...hmmm, let me see".  He looked for a moment and said "Are you sure it's out yet?" forcing me to reply with "yeah, it came out before the Day 26 album and you guys have that", which made me sound like the biggest tweener on the planet.  He said "ooooohhhh...Danity Kane" as in he suddenly understood who I was talking about - and the fact that I have the musical maturity of a 12 year old.  They ended up not having it and I got it at a different Target (where I called to ask to make sure they had it before going - another embarrassing situation, at least not in person though).  I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm sure I will be bopping my head up and down in the car when I do - like the tweener-in-a-nearly-30-year-old-body that I am.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hahahaha. It's part of your charm. :)

And, I have to admit I am excited for the Girlicious album . . .