Friday, March 28, 2008

Pure Bliss

I just got back from Habitude, a fabulous spa in Seattle, and it was so so nice - indeed, pure bliss.  My hubbie got me a gift certificate to the spa for my birthday and I've been so stressed out lately that I decided I needed a massage now.  So I booked a river rock massage for tonight after work.  I was freaking out because it started snowing around Noon (that's right, snow when it's nearly April) and I thought I would have to cancel or leave at, like, 4pm to make my appointment at 7pm.  Thankfully it stopped snowing around 3pm, however I was still worried about traffic so I left around 5pm.  I ended up getting to the spa at 5:40 - way early for my appointment.  I was going to just hang around in the steam room and read magazines and such when the host person told me they had an open appointment for a manicure.  It was only about $25, so I decided to go for it since tomorrow is the big bday celebration and who doesn't want nice nails for their bday? 

As I agreed to the manicure I mentioned something about celebrating my birthday which she replied "great, we'll get you a free spa smoothie."  Nice!  I got my nails done (a sexy dark red) and I think it's one of the best manicures I've had - they look fab.  After my manicure I sat down and flipped through the latest InStyle, then off to my massage!  I was a little nervous as it was a guy masseuse (masseur?), which I've never had before.  Thankfully, I'm pretty sure he was gay, so no need to worry. :)  And truthfully, I think it was the best massage I've ever had (not that there's much to compare to, but still).  The masseuse recommended that I come back (of course) and that I do neck stretches three time a day over the next couple of weeks.  While that seems a bit excessive to me, if it will make my neck and shoulders less sore and carry less stress, I'm willing to try it.

Now I'm off to bed for hopefully a lovely deep sleep - and more importantly, a sleep-in tomorrow morning. Mmmm...sleep. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

Now that sounds like quite the night. I am soooo jealous!! It was well deserved!!