Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Are you gellin?

With all of this running I have been doing lately, I decided to get new shoes. Actually, to be more accurate, right when I started I bought new shoes because the ones I have are so old and beat up. I wore the new shoes the past three times I've been running and I realized they're really not that comfortable. So today I went to Nordstrom's and returned them (I originally bought them there, I wasn't just returning them there because Nordstrom's pretty much take everything), then tried on a bunch of different shoes. Of course nothing fit because my feet are so ginormous, so I went to the New Balance store in the mall hoping for better success. Keeping with the theme of the night, they didn't have the right size either (they make it, it just wasn't in stock). The guy there ordered the right size, but it won't be in for about 7-10 business days. I don't have to buy the shoes the store ordered - I can try it on and see if it fits - but that still leaves me with only my old ratty shoes to run in. So what did I do? Bought some gel insoles to hopefully lengthen the life of my old ratty shoes. Will it work? I'll have to let you know.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Boo to not being able to find comfy shoes! Hope the gel inserts work!

H said...

Hey T! New running shoes are such an exciting purchase:-) When I was training for my triathlon last summer, I really liked shopping at real 'running stores' where they check out your stride and make sure you get the right shoes for you. It's worth checking one out, especially if you're running a lot these days.

Anna said...

You should check out some running stores in Seattle. There is one off of Broadway (can't remember the name) where they video tape your feet while you run and analyze it to get the best shoes for your feet! It's kinda fun and the shoes I bought there are really great (and not too expensive). Plus because it was a couple of guys working at the time, they gave me the "cute girl discount" :)