Thursday, January 24, 2008

Call me Betty Focker

This week has been filled with meetings at work - lunch meetings, project meetings, etc. One of the meetings was a potluck lunch staff meeting where they had about half of the employees bring food (the other half brought food to the November staff meeting) and the company donated the money they would have spent on buying us all lunch to charity. I volunteered to make a cake - this great poppyseed pound cake that my mom always made growing up that I recently learned how to make as well. I love this cake and when I've made it for others it usually gets raves. So imagine my surprise when I cut up the cake and set it out on the table where all the other desserts were set and maybe five people took a slice of cake. Five! Out of, like, fifty! People, that cake was a great dessert! I am a good baker! Give me some credit here - I'm not saying I'm Betty Crocker, but c'mon, my cake ain't that bad! Hmph.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

You KNOW that I would have eaten it, I think I ate half of it at the candle party :)

Anonymous said...

You can bring it to me and I'll eat it! Well I would eat it if I could!

Jen said...

Love the title of this blog! :)