Sunday, January 20, 2008

Damn the NY Giants (and an update on life in general)

This weekend was a pretty busy one for me. Friday night I met up with a friend for dinner at one of my absolute favorite restaurants, The Jones. One of my friends, MoHo, owns the restaurant with her husband and man, do they do things right. I got to enjoy some nice wine, delicious ravioli, and the most divine banana dessert I think I've ever had (sorry Mom). Then Saturday morning I got my yeti brows waxed so I didn't have to subject anyone to their hideousness anymore. Later that morning I met up with a group of friends I met on an internet website The Knot, known as "the knotties" (MoHo and the friend from dinner are included in that group). We all saw the movie 27 Dresses at Lincoln Square, and it was great. Predictable, but still cute. I then had lunch with about half of the knotties, did a little cruising around Bellevue Square, and headed home.

Saturday night I met up with friends from the sorority I was in at U-Dub. One of them lives near Portland, Oregon, and I hadn't seen her in months, so it was great to catch up. We had decided to get together at the Irish Emigrant, a bar in the U District we frequented quite a bit during our college years. It was definitely weird to be in a college bar, especially when you're about 10 years older than the people who are currently in college.

Today the busy-ness continued as my family celebrated both my Dad's and Brother's birthdays with a lunch/brunch at my parents' house in Issaquah. It was nice to see the family, however we ended up spending more time out there then we meant to and I had to reschedule coffee with a friend for later this week. The rest of the day has mainly been spent doing laundry and dishes (so exciting - but hey, it keeps me in line with my New Year's resolutions), and watching the NFC championship game, which The Packers and my lovely NFL crush Brett Favre have just lost to the New York Giants. It may not sound like it, but I'm seriously raging inside at The Packer loss. Now I'm not nearly as invested in the Super Bowl - though I'll probably still watch it for the commercials, and with the slight hope that the Giants could actually beat Tom Brady and the Patriots this time around. Again I repeat from a previous post...freaking Tom Brady.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Awesome recap! The Emigrant would make me feel old, I think! :)