Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Minor Accomplishment

I'm really trying to keep up with my New Year's resolutions, and in doing so I had a minor accomplishment today. Those who have lived with me know I am not by any means a neat freak, and if given the chance I will let cleaning go until a) things get so gross it becomes unlivable or b) I have guests coming over and I have to hide the fact that I'm a slob. My kitchen was verging on option a, but not quite there yet. Normally I would let it go until the weekend, but instead I loaded the dishwasher, ran it, unloaded it once the dishes were clean, put the dishes away, and loaded it back up as much as I could. I don't know that I've ever done that on a weeknight. Sad but true - but hey, I'm making progress, that's gotta count for something!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get mad props from me for that! I hate having a dirty kitchen but admit that during the week its SO hard to get my butt in gear and keep on top of things:)

Jen said...

My grandma used to say: "Housework creates brain rot."

I agree. :)

Tanya said...

Good Job T! You and I are on the same mission...baby steps. I've been washing all of our dishes everynight...makes such a difference! Who knew :) Oh and my dishwasher is broken...lame-o-rama!