Sunday, January 27, 2008

You really can wear bridesmaid dresses again!

Not only did this weekend start off fun with all the girlie time on Friday, but the fun continued over Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning I went running around Greenlake with one of the knotties. I didn't run the whole way around the lake, but considering I haven't been running probably since I was in grad school, this was a pretty big accomplishment. We then took our sweaty selves to Target and had a little retail therapy, which in my opinion is a great way to spend the rest of a Saturday morning.

Saturday night I had conflicting plans - the knotties were having a Wine, Wigs, and White Trash party, and my husband had some of his cousins coming over to our house for game night. While I was sad to miss out on the knottie white trashiness, I decided to stay home and play hostess for game night, which ended up being a lot of fun. My husband and his cousins are always a good time - we ended up playing Battle of the Sexes and Loaded Questions, which presented lots of opportunities for family jokes here and there.

Saturday night was followed by Sunday morning, which was basically comprised of sleeping in (one of my favorite activities). For the most part it has been kind of a lazy Sunday - my husband and I played the Wii for a bit, I did some laundry, caught up on some of the shows I DVR'd, etc. Then once the evening rolled around we went to my company's Anniversary Dinner (which they decided to do instead of a Holiday Party, as it's less controversial). It was held at Purple Cafe & Wine Bar in downtown Kirkland, with great food and drink (as you would expect the latter by the name alone). My company had arranged for a Murder Mystery to occur, where people who were coming could sign up for a role and play a part in a fake murder. The scene was set at the wedding of Becky Giovanni and Stanley Simpson - I played Denise Simpson, sister of the groom, and my husband played Harry Hitt, business associate of Becky's dad, Tony Giovanni (a known mob boss). People really dressed the part (I actually wore a bridesmaid dress from a wedding I was in a couple years ago) and it ended up being a really good time. Plus you can't beat free food - or free wine. Now we're back home, and I'm trying to think how the heck I'm going to get to work tomorrow with the snow that's falling from the sky. Since I've already written a post about how much I hate snow, I'll refrain from a soliloquy here, but know that I'm not excited to get up and drive in to work tomorrow. So long to another weekend.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Yay for reusing a BM dress!!