Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fetch!

When I was little I loved to read, and I read all the time. Through high school and college that changed quite a bit as I was forced to read books that I didn't necessarily want to and didn't have time to read the things I liked. Recently I've gotten back into reading for pleasure, and I even joined a book club. The most recent book I read (which was not a book club book) was "Marley & Me", and it was so fabulous. For those who haven't heard about it, it's the story of a dog, a family pet, and all the trouble he gets in to. Of course eventually he passes away and it's so sad, but the story of Marley was just wonderful. Of course it makes me think of our dog, Chesney - our dear little beagle. She cracks me up with her butt wiggling from happiness when we get home and her "talking" to us when she wants something (mainly a toy or a treat). While it's difficult to know that one day she will pass away, I like to focus on the daily little things she does and how much fuller my life is because of her. Like when she's barking at whatever is (or isn't) behind our back yard fence. And when she thinks a kitchen towel is a new toy. And especially when she climbs all over my lap (and laptop) when I'm trying to write a post. Okay Chesney - enough computer time. Let's play some fetch.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've heard that book is really good but is a real tear-jerker! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Stephanie Tinker said...

I LOVE that book. I read it last Feb. when I was in Mexico and I sat in my lounge chair with tears running down my face. :)