Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peyton, what were you thinking?

Being married to a football nut, I have come to enjoy football quite a bit. It's still hard for me to watch a full game when someone besides the Seahawks are playing, but I for sure want to see the highlights and check websites for scores. I've even played fantasy football and enjoyed it. With this has come a few tiny pro-football crushes. One is on Brett Favre (despite him beating our beloved Hawks) - he's just so darn All-American. The other is on Peyton Manning. Again, totally All-American, and from what I can tell with all the commercials he's been in lately, fairly good with the comedic timing. Most of the time I think pro athlete's commercials are completely lame, but the Peyton Manning commercials seriously crack me up. Especially the NFL pep talk ones.

However
, I just saw a commercial that has made me revert back to my old way of thinking. And seriously question Peyton's comedic sense. It was a commercial with Peyton and his brother Eli for what I think everyone can agree is completely related to football...double stuff oreo cookies. It was something about both of them leaving football and starting a double stuff oreo licking league. And it was seriously weak..and completely un-funny. Oh Peyton, let's step up the standards, shall we?

1 comment:

Jen said...

An oreo-licking league? Now, that's a sport I could get into! :)