Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Rats!

Yup, that's right, we have rats. Not mice, rats. In our crawl space/attic. It is creepy to think that there are little critters crawling around and breeding above my head while I sit here typing. We had a guy come out to see where they were getting in and what we could do about it. He's supposed to come back in about a week to seal things up, but we'll need to replace all the insulation up there because the rats have used it has one giant bathroom. Gross. In addition to that, we really need to replace the carpets in our house because they are seriously disgusting as well. Houses are complete money pits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH, that sucks!! I'm sorry :( I'd be geeked out by that too:)

Unknown said...

UGH I hate those things. Living next to a pig of a neighbor we have been known to have that issue in our detached garage. But I can not imagine having them in our house. UGH! Having a house sucks!

Jen said...

Boo to rats. Boo to money pits. Boo to houses.

Sorry about the critters. :/

Tanya said...

The joys of MLT :) Don't worry we share critters but I gas those effers...lol! When we first bought the house I was crawling around everywhere putting traps poison and let off 30 foggers at once...no lie! When I came back a few days later it looked like I had killed off an entire planet of bugs and critters!

Make sure all your vents are covered properly, they can get in a hole the size of a quarter! If you have trees close by, you will want to put those metal things around the trunk so they can't climb the trees and get in through the roof vents...gross I know.